In many cases carrying out a scan can rule out any serious gynaecological problems and this alone may be sufficient in many cases to reassure that symptoms are not concerning. Ultrasound has become the key diagnostic tool for the majority of gynaecological problems.
Examples of when a scan may be indicated include:
- Heavy periods Read moreTo look for fibroids and polyps and check the lining of the womb
- Abnormal bleeding Read moreFor example whilst taking HRT or any bleeding after the menopause
- Pelvic pain Read moreTo check for the presence of ovarian cysts and also a condition known as endometriosis
- Persistent bloating and feeling full Read moreTo make sure the ovaries are normal and there is no evidence of ovarian cancer
- Ovarian cysts Read moreFor an expert scan to diagnose the exact nature of a cyst so that a decision can be made to simply monitor it or choose appropriate surgery
- Fertility problems Read moreAs an initial baseline test a scan is very useful to check for problems with the womb or ovaries and can often indicate if ovulation is happening
When we carry out a scan, we will explain the findings to you before you leave, so you will not be left “waiting for the results”. If you do not have a referring doctor we can also offer advice on who would be the appropriate subspecialist to look after you.
Book your Scan
You will need a referral from your clinician. You or your referring clinician can then book an appointment using one of 3 simple ways:
- Complete our secure online booking form – fill one in here
- Send us an email [email protected]
- Call us on 0207 079 2102– our bookings team will be happy to discuss and arrange an appointment.
We will send a confirmation. If you would like to rearrange your appointment please do give us at least 24 hours notice.