Phoenix Hospital Group Compliance with the CMA Order
In October 2014 the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) published the Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014, which requires private hospitals to publish certain information about their referring clinicians. Phoenix Hospital Group takes compliance with the Order seriously, and the required information is included below.
Higher value services
Phoenix Hospital Group has consulting suites at 9 Harley Street and 25 Harley Street which are rented to clinicians on a fixed session or ad-hoc basis. Fixed session rooms are charged at £35 per hour and ad-hoc rooms are charged at £40 per hour. A small number of suites at 25 Harley Street, which was acquired by Phoenix Hospital Group in December 2017, are currently rented at rates outside this range. These are in the process of being reviewed.
Phoenix Hospital Group currently provides limited secretarial services to a small number of consultants at 25 Harley Street at cost.
Low value services
The following low value services are provided to referring clinicians with practising privileges at Phoenix Hospital Group.
Basic Workplace Amenities:
- Refreshments, tea and coffee
- Stationary to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
- Mail and post-room services to the extent that they are available to staff and persons working at the facility generally
- Operational and administrative services to ensure a smooth patient pathway, such as the processing of patient admissions and administration
- IT support for issues relating to the facility
- Billing services (recharged at cost)
- Diary management and appointments
- General clinical services, such as room space for Multidisciplinary Team meetings
- Services provided to ensure clinical safety, including in-house training (such as Basic Life Support training)
Marketing and Promotional Services to be able to operate a Commercial Business, including but not limited to:
- Production of consultant directories, including website profiles
- Production of marketing material and literature, including GP and direct to patient mailers
- Production of advertisements and media placements to promote the services of the business
- GP educational events with a consultant speaker
Clinician advisory services
Private hospital operators are required to disclose details of certain paid services provided by referring clinicians to them in addition to exercising practicing privileges at that hospital:
Professor David Reid (Consultant Rheumatologist) – supervision of clinical trial activities at 25 Harley Street at a fee of £1000 per month.